Recently a blogger friend of mine talked about how some people Criticize you all the time saying that you are clumsy in cooking , grooming etc. here. I guess my friend never understood that each woman who cooks everyday for the family faces criticism. Sometimes for cooking the same dish every other day..sometimes for aaj namak jyada hai..and aaj namak kam ..none of us bother to appreciate the pain person undergoes to create the food specially after a long day at office.
Point here is what about the criticism the women face each day after trying to put food on the table...yet day after day meal after meal your lunch boxes are packed, your breakfast are on the table and dinner too.
Just when you get home and think that you are tired some woman who just returned from work too.. enters kitchen wondering what to cook!! I guess if you just gave all this a thought you might be able to understand that people don't criticize because they think that's against the conventional or that you are not good in the domain they are great at...etc. They just possibly think that letting you know that namak kam hai might help you to improvise by adding salt!!
Lets just forget this C bit and let me Grill you a Chicken which is the other C in today's Blog...the real C.
For this Lovely Sumptuous recipe " Grilled Chicken" you need the following:
Chicken - 400 gms- 500 gms uncut
Butter 10 gms for glazing while grilling.
For the Magic Potion:
Curd thick portions- 1 bowl
Turmeric- 1/2 tsp
Kashmiri Deghi Mirch Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder- 1 tsp
Green Chilli -Ginger- Coriander leaves- Garlic Paste - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
For the side bites:
Baby Potatoes- 10-12
Mushrooms - 100 gms
Onions- 1 =2 medium sized
Broccoli - Few florets
Salt to taste
Chings all time stir fry sauce.
Now this lovely grill takes a lill time. So be prepared.......
- Take the whole chicken, I preferred a small chicken because of its tenderness
- Create slit marks on it as in my picture
- Clean the insides, you may chop some of the insides like liver etc. and you can mix them with Magic Potion
- Now mix all the ingredients of the Magic potion .
- Smear the whole chicken with the potion inside and outside with hands. Try thinking of good things like the lovely family or friends whom you are going to share this meal with etc. I often notice when i think good things and cook my dish turns out amazingly well.
- Now keep the marinated chicken in the refrigerator not the deep freeze for 7-8 hrs. It is always suggested that a marinated chicken stays overnight in the fridge day before you cook or whole day in the fridge until you cook in the evening as the case may be...
- Now just marinate the vegetables in the ingredients i.e. all vegetables in Salt , crushed pepper a tsp of that Ching's all in one stir fry Sauce
- Keep these vegetables aside too
- Next day when you take it out to grill, take out the chicken and the vegetables from the fridge at least 40-45 mins prior to cooking.
- Pre-heat your oven to 220 degree centigrade.
- Place the chicken in the center of the oven proof dish
- Place the vegetables on the circumference of the dish
- Place the dish in the oven on low rack for 30-40 mins ( check settings in your Microwave for grill, depending on the size of chicken, voltage and wattage, time of cooking could vary between 45 min to an hour)
- Once in between turn around the chicken upside down.
- Brush a little butter in between and when almost done to give that glaze
And please don't forget the secret ingredient Loads of Love before you serve this dish..Have it with a couple of friends and you may have it as a starter or a main dish with some Peas Pulao