Thursday 9 August 2012

Of Pots & Pans


Of Pots & Pans:

My relationship with Pots & Pans started since my early childhood days. My mom would cook and I would wait patiently for the food to come to my plate. Those were I guess my first lessons in cooking. My Love with food started there, in my mom’s kitchen.

Even today I can just close my eyes and smell the lovely sumptuous food that she kept on the table right from breakfast through dinner. She taught me that you eat food first through your nose, then your eyes, then with fingers and finally through your mouth.

So food relates to all your senses. If any one of them is missing then your cooking is not from your heart.
I finally started cooking at the age of 12, when my mom underwent a surgery and she was on bed rest for 15 days. She would keep instructing me sitting right at the kitchen door in an arm chair wondering how her little daughter is going to manage the kitchen. But little did she know that I was going to fall in love with the lovely textures, colors, aromas of the spices in her kitchen.
Image Courtsey: image.google.com

Now I have my recipes; original and on my finger tips. I feel cooking is all about the balance between your senses, art and science. The fine art of creating something new and the right use of scientific reasoning with lot instincts go a long way. One cannot go wrong with food if you start using your instincts. I think my uncanny ability to feel the food and tell u the ingredients is what keeps me going for experimenting with my recipes.

Cooking is therapeutic for me. I de-stress in my kitchen. When I come back from office after a long and tiring day my kitchen is where I get a sense of achievement, as the food I create has so much to offer to my family and friends.

Through this blog I intend to spread my Love for Food & Travel to all of you out there!! 

4 comments:

  1. it doesn't seem to be your first post..
    you are awesome at writing too..
    and yes i can smell another Ratatouille blog coming...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "you eat food first through your nose, then your eyes, then with fingers and finally through your mouth."

    WOW! Never looked at it like that. You're not just an awesome cook, but one with some killer perspectives also...

    Agree with Sumukh; it doesn't seem to be your first post.

    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Neha.....I think I can learn many things from u, m a beginner in a food cooking art...Desperately waiting for the next post of urs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah a foodie at heart, mind and soul! We look forward to your recipes for life :)

    ReplyDelete